Aug 27, 2010

I Wish I Was A Tenenbaum

But based on some conversations I've been having about my family lately, and on top of the taxidermy post – I think perhaps I already am.

TenenbaumHouse

111ArcherAve

Maybe that explains why I love anything with labels. And I don't mean designer ones.

Specimens

TRex

HellCreekTRex

Insects. Skeletons. Furry creatures.

Racoon

DrDelbertBronwyn

Dr. Delbert Bronwyn was especially irresistible. I had to have him the minute I laid eyes on him (and his super-clearanced price of $4.99 on UrbanOutfitters.com)! Hey... you people's loss, my gain. Just keep buying your gladiator sandals and spectator oxfords and ironic t-shirts. I'm hoping the rest of this framed collection (complete with a monocle-wearing billy goat and a suited gorilla) go on sale soon, too.

Carrot

Banana

Cavendish


What especially rocked my world is when I saw these mounted vegetables at a local art show. Fake food and a scientifically-labeled vibe. I think Mr. Wes Anderson would definitely approve.

Javalina

These illustrations are from this so-cool-it-makes-my-heart-hurt booklet inside my Criterion Collection Royal Tenenbaums DVD case, that maps out every room in the Tenenbaum house. Eric Anderson is the illustrator and, as I just discovered, brother to director Wes Anderson. Which, I think is even doubly cool, for obvious reasons.

Remember the scene in Royal Tenenbaums where Royal finds the Javelina (boar's head) in the game closet?

ShadyTrio

Yep. We're just Oklahoma Tenenbaums. I think my dad even looks a bit like Gene Hackman here. Strike up the Mark Mothersbaugh soundtrack... ya'll.


2 comments:

  1. I was just at Urban yesterday and the rest of your clothed animal frames were on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Thanks Ashley. Mr. Billy-Goat here I come.

    ReplyDelete