This is my sister Kathleen. She's either incredibly ahead of the curve, or just eternally impatient for the next thing. I think it's a mix of both that makes her do things like, oh, I don't know... paint giant black and white stripes in her hallway.
And then everyone goes bonkers and just has to have giant black and white stripes in their hallways.
She's an art director turned freelance vintage/modern invitation designer and an on-her-way-to-being-sort-of-a-big-deal blogger.
The Kathleen List:
But in the twenty-eight years I've known her she's also been:
1. a constantly topless crazy-hair tomboy (age 3)
2. a blonde side ponytail, bow head, track suit preppy (age 7)
3. a grungy Doc Marten, plaid shirt, thrift-store urchin (age 11)
4. a dreadlocked (okay, half-assed, failed dreadlocked) hippie wannabe (age 14)
5. an indie, red-hair, artsy, knitting, 60's yellow VW bug-driving, earth-muffiny waif (age 20)
6. a straight-ironed, raven-hair, vespa-riding, rock-n-roll rollergirl (age 25)
7. and now a wavy-hair, local-sustainable-square-foot-gardening foodie, with a lacy-layeredy-boyfriend-jean aesthetic and a style perspective that pervades everything from her clothes, to her home, to her food, to her... well, her hair products (which, as you may have noticed, her hair could have it's very own independent chronology).
Her blog, Jeremy & Kathleen (oh right, there's a hubby in this picture, I just didn't have room to list him with all the hair descriptions and what not), is where you can see what she's wearing today.
... I "impossibly" couldn't love her more.
More Kathleen stories:
- Kathleen Meets (drools on) Alan Cumming in Kathleen Crush
- Kathleen dresses up for an afternoon in Kathleen Gets "Carried" Away
- Kathleen doesn't like a cold bed in The Girl Who Never Slept Alone