Nov 12, 2010

Older Sister. Younger Sister.

SondraDenise

Bossy. Bohemian.

MaryLaura

Angel. Asspain.

LisaMaggie

Tattletale. Troublemaker.

DixieDelta

Brazen. Bimbo.

RosanneJackie

Harpie. Hairbrain.

BeaRue
Okay, the Golden Girls weren't sisters, but I just love them so.

Sarcastic. Slut.

This is how the eighties defined older sister / younger sister.

I loved all these prime time sisters from my formative television watching years. I can't really think of any good TV sisters nowadays, there's just sister-wives and Kardashians basically.

I think Kathleen and I are less like TV sitcom sisters, and more like romantic comedy movie sisters, though. (But without the actual romantic conflict and resolution part, just the sister roles.)

BonnieRenee

You know, like Bonnie Hunt and Renee Zelweger in Jerry Maguire. Or Joan Cusack and Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride.

JoanJulia
So our labels would be, you know like Joan and Julia's.

Responsible/Kooky. Rebellious/Partially Clothed.



3 comments:

  1. You should check out the show Brothers and Sisters. Great sister relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me laugh. out loud.
    first with the "sarcastic/slut". And then with the partially clothed part.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should check out Brothers and Sisters. That would be one of those good DVD box set things where you don't leave your house for a whole weekend. That is, it would have been before I had kids.

    Thanks Emily. I'll take "laugh out loud" any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete